Federal Crime Defense Lawyers
Federal Crimes Require Experienced Attorney Counsel
Mr. McKellar has been selected as a member of “America’s Top 100 Criminal Defense Attorneys” in 2021.
If you’re facing criminal charges at the federal level, you need to understand that your case will likely be handled differently from a typical state criminal case. Oftentimes, in federal prosecution, the government and its agents have been investigating a potential suspect for months or even years before charges are brought against the accused.
In that time, prosecutors can accumulate considerable evidence, speak to witnesses and issue wiretaps or other means of electronic monitoring, all before a suspect has a chance to mount a defense.
Due to the complexity of federal cases, you need an attorney who not only understands federal law, but knows how to defend against the often aggressive prosecution used by the government and federal agencies. When it comes to protecting your future, the attorneys at McKellar, Easter & DeVore, Attorneys at Law, know what to do and the best way to do it.
Protecting You Against A Variety Of Charges
Our lawyers have extensive backgrounds handling a wide variety of federal crimes and know how to create solid defense strategies against:
- Drug crime charges — possession, trafficking, manufacturing and cultivating of controlled substances and prescription drugs
- Sex offenses — child pornography, sexual abuse of a child, sexual exploitation of a minor, rape and molestation
- Fraud and economic crimes — identity theft, fraudulent bank entries, mail and wire fraud, money laundering, bankruptcy fraud, embezzlement, and mortgage fraud
- Health care crimes — not limited to Medicaid and Medicare fraud, Social Security fraud, overbilling or improper billing, and unnecessary medical treatments
- Gun and firearm offenses — not limited to making false statements to acquire a firearm, possessing a firearm in a school zone and delivering or selling a firearm to a prohibited individual
We Help You Avoid The Pitfalls Of An Investigation
Don’t make the mistake of thinking that investigators or government agents are looking out for your best interests. If you interact with authorities without first consulting an attorney, you could very easily incriminate yourself unintentionally.
The lawyers at our firm will help you avoid this pitfall and others like it that could damage your case and lead to a possible conviction. Unlike the opposition, we will act in your best interests and protect your rights in the process.
Contact Us To Make An Appointment
Contact McKellar, Easter & DeVore, Attorneys at Law, by calling 865-566-0125 or filling out this contact form to schedule a free initial telephone consultation with one of our lawyers. Appointments are available at any of our three offices: Knoxville, Tennessee; Nashville, Tennessee; and Atlanta, Georgia. We accept credit cards.