Norman D. McKellar
Norman McKellar came to Knoxville in 1995 after spending the previous twenty years in Louisiana. Mr. McKellar received his Bachelor of Arts degree from Brigham Young University, and he received his doctor of jurisprudence from the University of Tennessee School of Law.
While in law school, Mr. McKellar won the award for Best Oralist in the Ray H. Jenkins Trial Competition. He is the founder of The McKellar Law Firm, PLLC. Mr. McKellar is a member of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Tennessee Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, and the Knoxville Bar Association.
Mr. McKellar practices law in the areas of IRS tax resolution and criminal defense, with an emphasis on tax and white collar crimes. Mr. McKellar has successfully defended clients in criminal cases in both federal and state courts. Outside of school, Mr. McKellar is an Eagle Scout, who remains active in an assortment of community activities.
Mr. McKellar received the highest rating through Avvo, the nation's fastest growing attorney rating company. Mr. McKellar is rated as a 10 on a scale of 1 to 10. A 10 rating signifies an attorney of "Superb" experience and reputation according to Avvo's scale. Avvo (Avvo.com) uses a mathematical formula and applies the information about attorneys to develop a rating score that will help individuals find an attorney that meets qualifications of the highest standards. The score is based upon numerous factors, including the number of years of experience an attorney has, the evaluations by an attorney's peers, professional achievements and disciplinary history. This rating system is designed to provide an unbiased and valuable tool for the benefit of the public.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense
- Tennessee, 2002
- Georgia, 2011
- U.S. Tax Court, 2006
- University of Tennessee College of Law, Knoxville, Tennessee
- Honors: Best Oralist, Ray H. Jenkins Trial Competition
- Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah
Honors and Awards
- Eagle Scout
- Voted as a "Top Attorney" by Knoxville's CityView Magazine in its 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 editions
- Selected as a member of the "Top 100 Trial Lawyers" by the National Trial Lawyers, 2014, 2015, 2016
- AVVO 10.0 Superb Rating
Professional Associations and Memberships
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- Tennessee Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- Knoxville Bar Association, Member
- Hamilton Burnett American Inn of Court, Member